To gain more impressions and a wider reach, Twitter ads could be a good choice. If you don’t know how to advertise on Twitter, don’t worry. We will dive more into how to run Twitter ads for beginners.
Following the guidelines below, you will be able to start advertising on Twitter.
1. Set up your Twitter ads account
If you have never used Twitter ads before, you have to set up an account.
Log into your Twitter account, and then go to ads.twitter.com. Select your country and time zone, then tap “Let’s go”.
After this, you can access Twitter Ads Manager and its countable features, like tracking your advertising.
2. Determine your advertising goal
Choose what you aim for with a Twitter ad campaign. The objective you select determines which tweetup types and actions you will pay for.
You can pick out the following objectives:
You want the maximum number of people to watch your promoted tweet. You are billed per 1,000 conceptions.
In-stream Video views:
You can use this option if you want to promote your video about yourself or your business. Video ads may bring you more engagement than regular tweets. This is the easiest way to monetize your video content. You are charged for every video view.
You want people to see your videos or GIFs. You’re charged for each video view.
You desire people to install your app. You’re charged for each app install.
Website taps or conversions:
You like people to go to your website. You’re charged per click.
You like to maximize engagement with your promoted tweets. You’re charged per engagement, but only on the first engagement with each user.
You would like to build your Twitter audience. You’re charged for each new follower.
You desire people who already have run your app. You’re charged for each app click.
Click on the ‘Followers’, and it will take you to the “Campaign set up” screen. Here, title your campaign, tap how to pay for it, set your campaign budget, and select whether to start the campaign right now or schedule it for later.
3. The cost of Twitter ads
There’s no budget to advertise on Twitter, so Twitter ads cost as much or as little as you like.
The revenue you set on this screen is the total expense you’re willing to pay.
Once you’ve made your choice, click Next.
4. Ad group and bidding settings
Finally, you’re on the ‘Ad group setup’ page.
You’ll probably desire to stick to one ad group for your first Twitter ads campaign. But as you get more comfortable with Twitter ads, categorize your campaign into categories to approach different audiences, use extra creativity, or test the number of budgets and timing.
Start naming your ad group and choose a start and end time if you like.
If you are choosing automatic bidding, Twitter will set your bid to get the exact and best results at the lowest price based on your budget. You will also be able to select how much you will pay for every interaction. This is a great way to start if you’re new to Twitter advertising and want to get a good grasp of bidding.
5. Target your viewers
- The targeting options help you select the right audience for your ad and enhance your budget.
- You can start with socio-demographic targeting. Define your viewers by gender, age, language, location and technology.
- With the location approach, you can get as specific and exact as a particular metro area with a postal code, or you can be broad and target a whole country. The technological component enables you to target by device and carrier.
- The ‘Audience features’ segment allows you to target your ad to users based on particular interests like events and behaviors, and even the distinct keywords and TV shows users Tweet about.
- To help you out, the interface gives an estimated viewers size summary that changes as you add several targeting options to your campaign.
You can also choose to upload your list of people or choose to target characters who are similar to your follower base.
When you’re satisfied with your choices, click on Next.
6. Determine ad placement
On the right side of the screen, you’ll select where you’d like your ad to display.
Once you’ve made your selection, click Next.
7. Start your campaign
At the end, review all the options you’ve chosen. Click Launch campaign to introduce your ad and that’s it.
What should be considered while placing ads?
There are many factors which you should consider while posting an ad. These factors are;
- You must present your brand or business in a clear way that everybody can understand.
- Do not write lengthy descriptions. Be precise, short and engaging.
- Write clearly what your ad is about and what you want from the audience.
- If you are giving discounts, write clearly in percentages.
- Always use high-quality videos and images.